Mark your calanders!

Mark your calendars so you can be at Sky Harbor Airport to welcome Jordan home. He will arrive:

Tuesday June 15th
, 2010
at 5:30 pm

on British Airways to Phoenix.

Everyone is invited to welcome him off the plane!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday, May 29th, 2010

Hey family,

Well as we say here I am in overtime mode now since I hit my two year mark yesterday so that means you get twice the blessings. Today was a great day Kenneth and Valentine Anthony were baptized this afternoon along with another man taught by the sisters here in Prague and there was a great turnout for the baptisms. The other baptisms that were supposed to happen today got pushed back a little bit because of different reasons, one didn't return in time from nigeria, the other had a family emergency and had to leave town and the 3rd wants to gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon.

So this last week we had zone conferences in Brno on monday for moravia and slovakia and on wednesday for Bohemia. It was my last zone conference so I gave my "final testimony" at both of the zone conferences which was a interesting feeling since it had always seemed like that day would be so far off in the future. It was probably one of my favorite zone conferences from the training and the talks that took place, the main theme of the conference was having the Spirit with us and Losing ourselves in the work. Elder Doxey and I did a little piece on how to lose yourself in the work and we also did a training on helping people to get baptized.

So last P-day I bought my first European suit and Sister S and Heidi approved of it so hopefully you will like it mom. We had a cool meeting yesterday with this business man, he was a referral I got from an American who was at church and is business partners with him. We met in his office which is really nice and he drives a Porsche but just a nice humble down to earth guy, he is from Armenia and when he was 9 he was actually sent to America to live with an American family for a month in California and it was a Mormon family. He believes in God but is trying to figure out if Jesus Christ is just an abstract idea to illistrate perfection or if he was actually the son of God and our savior. So we taught him about the Book of Mormon and how it can help him find an answer to his question. So he is reading in the Book of Mormon right now.

This last week was pretty amazing, I think it was the first week I have been in the office where I have not done any visa or insurance work, I almost didn't know what to do with myself. Today after the baptism we played tourists and walked around Prague. Its fun to observe all the different people from around the world. On Thursday we had our office vylet where we went to see the place where the Czech republic was dedicated to the preaching of the gospel in 1929 by Elder Widstoe, its up on a hill overlooking Karelstejn castle, there is a little monument there hidden off in the trees, it was my first time being there and it was great to see where it took place. It was fun being with the senior couples they are pretty fun and spry and full of good stories, we were blessed with good weather for the trip.

I am working hard till the end and not getting trunky which I am happy about. I love you all and I'm very grateful for this opportunity i have to share with others the joys of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and thank you for all of your prayers on my behalf

Love,
Elder Hatch

1 comment:

Heidi Lyn said...

Elder Hatch told me about this blog a few months back (actually insisted that I read it) and I've enjoyed reading his letters home.

After living in Prague near my parents (President and Sister Slovacek) for the last few years I've gotten to know lots of missionaries. Elder Hatch is like my little brother and I tease him a lot, but you should know what an extraordinary missionary he is. His letters are sweet, but don't come close to capturing the work and the power that he brings to the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I know you're already so proud of him, but just wait until you've seen how much he's grown!

-Heidi