Mark your calanders!

Mark your calendars so you can be at Sky Harbor Airport to welcome Jordan home. He will arrive:

Tuesday June 15th
, 2010
at 5:30 pm

on British Airways to Phoenix.

Everyone is invited to welcome him off the plane!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday, March 6th, 2019

Dear family

I know i say this a lot but this week has been a week full of ups and downs, I probably had my lowest point on my mission and my highest point on my mission separated by a few days. I got dear johned on tuesday which was a pretty big surprise since i thought everything was going great and i will be coming home in 3 months. It was pretty rough for me I must admit but I have a great companion who helped me out and I had a good talk with President Slovacek and he told me about how he was dear johned on his mission and gave me some good advice and support. I have been spending a lot of time in prayer, it's rough but I know I am going to be ok.

Friday evening Elder Kerr a member of the 3rd quorum of the seventy flew into Prague with his wife to speak at a women's conference for the whole mission in Brno, they are from Scotland. President Slovacek and his wife was already in brno for a funeral friday morning so Elder Mittanck and I picked them up from the airport and drove them 3 hours to brno which is quite a great experience. He is full of great stories and told us we could ask him about anything, he told us about the meetings that the seventies have with the first presidency and the quorum of the 12 apostles before conference and shared some good experience from that from hearing from different apostles and prophets. Then he started talking about the process of calling new stake presidents and his experiences with that and how it is such a spiritual process and the different confirmations that come with calling the new stake president and standing up in front of the stake and saying this is who Elder Oaks and I know is called by God to be the stake president and not well we both felt pretty good about this one guy. He bore a strong testimony to us about how God will bless us for giving this time to him on a mission and that we will never regret giving God these two years of our lives and that God will provide for us, which was a great thing for me to hear at that time, even though i already knew that it was a great confirmation.

When we got to brno we were invited to join them for dinner with the Slovaceks, which was great to see them interact with each other and to see a different side of our Mission President and his wife, I know every missionary says this but I am pretty sure I have the best mission president.

I had salmon for the first time on my mission it wasn't as good as yours mom but it was pretty good, then we drove home last night after dinner. The missionary work is going well for us, it is definitely different we are in the office until 4:30 each afternoon and than we get to go out and do missionary work so we have a lot less time but the Lord blesses us and we have seen a lot of great things happen in our area, something that we are doing here is going tracting in the dorms and it has turned out to be really successful. We find a bunch of new people everytime. One night we went on splits each taking a recent convert with us and went tracting, my companion martin loved it and was sad when we already had to leave, he is hooked on it and is always asking us now when we can go tracting again.

I got some different questions about the office. my comp and i live in an apartment building about 100 yards away from the building. In the office there is the Andersens who are a senior couple from Idaho who are great people. Elder Andersen taught at BYU idaho for 20 something years and he is in charge of the fianaces for the mission, his wife is the mission secretary and does a ton of great work for the mission and helps out a lot. There is another office companionship of elders, one is the computer elder for the mission and takes care of all of the electronics and printing for the mission, then there is the office manager who is in charge of all supplies, building care and car stuff. Elder Mittanck and i do whatever the president needs us to do and then we are in charge of visa's for all of the missionaries.

For workouts I have scored here, we have a bench and a lot of weights in our apartment so we can do pretty much any exercise imaginable with free weights.

We had an auditor from france come in, I must say im not a big fan of auditors but I guess they are needed. If there are any other questions I forgot to answer send them again.

I hope every body has a great week and thank you for your support, remember me in your prayers please, I know that with all of the billions of people on earth God knows and loves each one of us and cares for us in so many ways that we can't see, He provides us with many tender mercies and hears our prayers.

Love,
Elder Hatch

No comments: